u1. Choose a partner to work with.
2. Google one of the following topics:
- Gord Downie
- Gord's activism and issues he has been involved in
- "The Tragically Hip"
- residential schools
- Secret Path
- Chanie Wenjack
- Truth and Reconciliation Commission
- National Center for Truth and Reconciliation
- Inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls
- current issues surrounding Indigenous people
- clean water on reservations
- suicide among young indigenous people
- social services for indigenous people in Carleton Place or Ottawa
- any connected article of your interest
3. Email the link to your article to me:
4. In the subject line - type your name and partner's name
5. Do this by Tuesday February 13th
6. Read your article carefully. Be prepared to give the class a brief summary of what you learned from reading the article. be able to answer the following questions:
- who or what is the article about?
- when was the article written?
- who wrote the article and where was it published?
- what are the main points of the article? (the top five key facts)
- what did you learn?
- what questions do you still have about this subject?