Today we started a short unit on scary stories. Here are some of the assignments we will be doing:
1. Creating an idea web of the characteristics of horror/scary fiction
2. Reading a short biography and watching a short video of Edgar Allen Poe - creating a character map for him.
3. Discussion about Annabel Lee, a poem by Poe
4. Reading short stories (The Landlady By Roald Dahl, The Tell Tale Heart, The Cask of Amontillado, and The Raven by E A Poe, The Monkey's Paw by WW Jacobs, and others)
5. Completing various reading comprehension answers - looking at imagery, foreshadowing, similes and metaphors and common themes